Hans Olsen Magleby Memorial Foundation
Connecting everyone who has been born, married, or adopted into the family of Hans Olsen Magleby (1835-1903), Gjertrud Marie Christiansen Roe (1838-1867), Elisa Marthine Svendsen (1836-1918), and Ane Larsen (1857-1934).Â Over 4,000 H O Magleby descendants have been identified.
This photo shows part of Magleby Reservoir on Monroe Mountain. Photo taken by Paul Magleby on July 24, 2008.
H O Magleby Family Reunion on the Mountain
Fri, 06/20/2008 – 19:49 â homadmin
The Hans Olsen Magleby Memorial Foundation is pleased to announce the 2010 Magleby Family Reunion at Magleby Reservoir on Monroe Mountain. The founding generations of the family ran sheep, dairy, cattle and lumber operations near here which is the reason topographical features such as Magleby Flat and Magleby Pass exist on modern maps. Beginning on Friday, August 6, 2010 and running through Sunday, August 8, 2010, this reunion at 9,500 feet in high alpine splendor will delight young and old alike. For more information call John Blake (801) 224-2716 and RSVP if you are planning to attend to toddnblake at his juno (.com) account. There is no charge for this event, but as always, tax-deductible donations to the HO Magleby Memorial Foundation are gladly accepted.
- Fishing (no license required), four-wheeling, fish planting (kids will love this)
- Camping, hiking, paintball
- Friday afternoon tour of Magleby homes in Monroe
- Friday evening family stories around the campfire
- Saturday breakfast (the only group meal that will be provided) and tour of Magleby historic sites on the Mountain
- Sunday worship services on the Mountain or at nearby Fish Lake
Family Reunion at Magleby Reservoir on Monroe Mountain Friday August 6 – Sunday August 8, 2010Â